Monday, November 21, 2011

Sarah

Saturday was the first properly cold day of the year, a perfect day for wooly hats and taking pictures of them. After wandering all over the West End, Leah and I ended up on the Western Prom-- with its majestic views of the Dollar Tree and the Cumberland County Jail. We found a nice bench, anyway:




Project Notes

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed-- I picked out three colors of this yarn, and this one just begged to be made into a hat for Leah. I love the dark blue and green tweedy bits.

Pattern: Sarah by Ariane Caron-Lacoste. I removed a pattern repeat because it was getting huge-- and I wish I'd knit the ribbing on needles one or two sizes smaller. But the pattern stitch is very pretty and works well with the rustic, irregular texture of the yarn.

Etc: The hats I have made for my knitting friends have caused me the most anxiety-- they can make themselves whatever they want, after all. Leah's hat made me especially nervous because she has such a distinctive style. I think she likes it-- and she has at least one outfit to wear it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment