Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Baby Viking Hat

Dun

DUN

DUN....

DAH DAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWR!!!


Project Notes

Yarn: Cascade 128-- rustic and sheepy, but still soft enough for a Baby Viking's tender noggin. The horns are Lamb's Pride Worsted.

Pattern: My own! Designing this hat was probably the most fun I've had so far during this project. Eventually I'll write it up...

Techniques: I figured out pretty early on that I would have to use short rows for the horns, which scared me a bit. I've blindly followed pattern instructions for short rows before and had good results, but I'm amazed by how much better I understand the concept after just messing around for a while. After the first couple of botched attempts, something clicked-- the next horn was perfect.

The Bottom Line: This came out almost exactly as I envisioned-- no small victory, if I do say so myself. It also fits perfectly, and looks cuter than I thought possible on its new owner:

He looks ready to pillage a Labor Day picnic, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I had to do it:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/68988170@N00/6123434557/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that second to last photo? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you written this up yet? I'd love to make it for my new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. Viking Range Repair in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. How to Clean Sub Zero Refrigerator Coils

    ReplyDelete