Monday, August 29, 2011

Lina

There are times in life when you are forced to discard your expectations-- in a way, Lina here is a microcosm of my life right now:

I call it "Lina Meets Irene"*

She's still a lovely hat, she just won't fit the adult head I had intended her for. I'm sure there's a young girl (or young man) out there who loves this color as much as I do.

Project Notes

Yarn: String Theory Merino DK-- not quite enough left over from the Ramona Lace Helmet, but too much to waste. It's such a joy to work with beautiful hand-dyed yarn.

Pattern: Lina by Johanna of Joko Knits-- a very well-written pattern that includes an excellent description of how to cable without a cable needle. I'm always interested to see how different designers manage crown decreases with intricate pattern stitches-- these ones were particularly ingenious.

The Bottom Line: As my pile of yarn remnants grows, I'll be looking for more creative ways to use them up-- and I'm going to have to be flexible. The same can be said of the storms-- literal and figurative-- blowing through my life...


*Irene wreaked havoc on my weekend camping plans but, thankfully, did no worse to me-- if you've been flooded out, lost power, or otherwise sustained damage to limb and/or property, my sympathies!

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a hat that will use lots of different coloured yarn, check out Kate Davies' post today. It looks like a fair amount of work but is oh so gorgeous.
    http://textisles.com/2011/08/29/frenzy/

    ReplyDelete