Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hurricane Hat

Fall has taken its sweet time arriving, and I've been seeing a lot of abandoned hats out on my walks-- mainly kid-sized. I can imagine a little person taking advantage of a moment of adult distraction to fling off the unneeded and unwanted head covering.

This is an abandoned hat of another kind:


I finished it waaaaay back in early February. It was a quick, easy, knit with some leftover, unwanted yarn. I don't know who it's for. I didn't even bother taking a picture of it before today... but it sure did come in handy when I locked myself out of the house at the same moment I stepped out with hat and camera. Fall has definitely arrived, along with a nibble of winter's bite, and I was grateful to have any head covering, however unwanted, while I waited for my brother to show up with the extra key.*

Project Notes

Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Worsted-- the hated yarn that will never end! To be fair, it is very soft and silky. And evil.

Pattern: Hurricane Hat by Andrea Goutier. Nice, easy, free.

Etc: There are about seven or eight more orphan hats that are still waiting to be photographed and blogged-- but none so forlorn as the sad little Hurricane Hat. It can finally claim its place in the lineup.


*Thanks, Vincent!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've had this in my queue to knit but haven't...and I know it would be a gift. I do like how they look.

    ReplyDelete