Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tillie

I can't remember if this was a September or October hat. My Ravelry projects page tells me it was number 43... in any case, the backlog continues to shrink, and I think Tillie here looks pretty cute on her new owner:




Project Notes:

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed-- purchased at the closing sale of the yarn store that I used to be able to walk to. Even though the owner earned her nickname (The Stitchy Witch) many times over with appalling rudeness to customers, it's still sad when a yarn store closes.

Pattern: Matilda and Tillie by MK Carroll-- an adorable and clever pattern, if a bit hard to follow at times. I had a hard time figuring out the brim instructions-- there are multiple variations and it seems there have been multiple revisions to the pattern. Human error also played a recurring role, as it almost always does-- I made multiple attempts to join the brim to the crown before figuring out that I had made the brim way too long. The end result justified the effort, anyway.

Etc: I love how this turned out and I think it suits Chris very well-- which is a relief because I wasn't sure what kind of hat she might like. Once again I am grateful for Ravelry. Where else can you (harmlessly) stalk fellow knitters' projects and favorite patterns? Not that I spend hours doing it or anything... as a side note, this is my 100th post!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for my awesome new hat! :D I think the photos are enhanced by the amazing artwork in the background!

    ReplyDelete