Friday, October 28, 2011

Quest

Boy, at the rate I'm going, my hat-backlog stands no chance! This is hat 39, from August:

It's a little bit demure...

...and a little bit dangerous.


Project Notes

Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Purple Magic. The color has to be seen in person to be appreciated-- it really glows.

Pattern: Quest by Laura Nelkin. Very sweet and easy-- I loved the use of short rows to shape the brim. It's also knit from the top down, so it's very easy to customize the fit.

Techniques: I couldn't quite remember how to do Emily Ocker's cast-on when I started this hat-- I've since used it for a couple of other top-down hats, and it really is the perfect method for starting any piece of knitting from the center. Try it!

Etc: The recipient of Quest has a very polished, ladylike style that suits her perfectly-- and I think this hat will too. If I were to make one for myself (and I'm very tempted to do so) I would probably need a whole new wardrobe to go with it. Each hat I've made has its own personality that (I hope) reflects the person it was made for-- it will be interesting to see how well these matches hold up in reality...

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up! I love this hat. I definitely want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete