Friday, April 29, 2011

Baroness Beret

In honor of Royal Wedding Day-- a marvelous day for hats, incidentally-- I give you a titled hat:

Is a Baroness the wife of an Earl? Or is that a Countess? These things confuse me so...

It so happens that I was awake* when the festivities began at 4AM EST... and I shall soon retire, so I'll be brief.

Project Notes

Yarn: Fibre Company Khroma

Pattern: Baroness Beret (Rav link) by Susan Power

Techniques: Tubular cast on... in the round for extra credit!

The Bottom Line: 18 down, 34 to go...


*I was at work!**

**Not that there's anything wrong with staying up all night to watch the wedding of the century***

***Be that as it may, I didn't really watch-- how was it?!****

****Oh, who am I kidding-- I was glued to it!

5 comments:

  1. That is a great hat! I love it! I *think* a Countess is married to an Earl :)

    Wasn't Kate's dress gorgeous? The whole day went beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, you were at WORK at 4am??? Wow. The hat looks awesome! I didn't watch the wedding as it started at 1am here, but I'm guessing I'll see clips throughout the day. I did watch a CNN video showing a few moments though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Countess is the wife of an Earl, a Baroness would be married to a Baron, surely?

    Love the colour of the hat, very sweet!

    I didn't get up early to watch the coverage from the start, but tuned in from about 10am to see the important people arrive. Didn't she look beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of pattern and colour on this one. I'm not a big pink fan, generally, but this is perfect. (And very Royal Wedding appropriate indeed!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your version of this hat is just gorgeous!!!

    I would love to make one for my friend but the link on Ravelry appears to be broken...

    Do you have a copy of the pattern that you could share with me??

    Thanks - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete