Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blue Beret

I didn't know what to call this hat, but the folder in which my husband put his (lovely) pictures of it is titled "Blue Beret"-- so there you have it. It's pretty:

It was a bit cold for my coordinating outfit-- hence the red nose.

But what else does one wear with a beret?

It's the perfect size for me-- I'm tempted to keep it!

I really do have enough hats at the moment...


Project Notes

Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend. This was a random purchase long before the hat project, and I was never sure what to do with it-- apart from gaze longingly at it.

Pattern: Improvised, based on a stitch pattern stolen from this gorgeous thing -- I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview at knitting. The stitch pattern stuck in my head and would not leave until I had turned it into a hat-- this is pretty much what I imagined. I finished it in August, but I waited to post it until Leah's pattern was published.

Techniques: You can barely tell, but I used the Channel Island Cast-On-- one of my favorite things I've learned during this project.

Etc: My 52nd hat is drying in the guest bedroom. I'm not sure how I feel about this. There are so many other things I can knit now-- but last night I kind of panicked and started another hat. Well, restarted actually-- I need to redo the 1840 Nightcap before Christmas. I wonder what will happen when that is done. It's a new world...

3 comments:

  1. Your husband really is a great photographer. It helps that he has a lovely model and a fabulous hat to photograph though ;-) I think you should keep it, it really suits you.

    You need to pick a garment type to knit next then drown yourself in Ravelry for a week or to, until you make a decision. Maybe you should knit something BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is so cute. I would love to knit it. Is there any chance you will share the pattern that you made up? I would pay for this one if you wrote it up. : )

    ReplyDelete