Saturday, November 26, 2011

Turn A Square-- for the last time, I promise!

It's baaaaaack:

In pink this time... because it's for a girl. Obviously.

Squares!!

Project Notes

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed, courtesy of the Stitchy Witch*. This yarn plays very well with Noro-like substances, AKA Plymouth Boku-- last seen in Tam C. I love the contrast between the rustic texture, the wild colors, and the rigid geometry of the stripes.

Pattern: Turn a Square by Jared Flood-- a classic. I did the decreases correctly this time, which makes me love the pattern even more. I would recommend you knit yourself a dozen or so, but I think everyone already has...

Etc: Will I ever tire of the self-striping stripes? There is such childlike glee in knitting them. My husband wants one for himself now, and I kinda do too-- hats 53 and 54, maybe? Ha!



*see
this post for details-- knitting with this sort of feels like dancing on someone's grave, in a good way
... well, kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment