Monday, October 31, 2011

Amazing Ski Hat

I worked all weekend, so I decided to delegate hat photography to my husband. When I woke up yesterday, the entire living room was turned upside down to make room for an elaborate lighting set up-- and these were waiting on my desktop this morning:







Have I mentioned that I met this man when I was fifteen? If I am wrong about everything else for the rest of my life, at least I can say that I had the sense to know a good thing when first I saw it. But you probably want to hear about the hat, right?

Project Notes

Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing. I had lots of leftovers from my Chroma Stocking Cap, and I brought them on vacation with me to play. Though I have now sampled Noro Silk Garden, I remain a huge fan of this yarn-- it's just plain fun to knit.

Pattern: Improvised. I was originally planning a horizontal-striped beanie. Then I had a flash of inspiration outside of a ski shop in Rangeley-- ask my husband, a giant light bulb actually appeared over my head for a moment-- VERTICAL STRIPES. I started knitting seconds after we got back to our cabin, and the result looks exactly like the image that popped into my head. I'm calling it a ski hat because it's shaped exactly like the hat my dad used to wear cross-country skiing.

Etc: So this means I have yet another pattern to write up, which looks like it might happen... sometime after this project is finished. Which will be rather soon-- tomorrow is the first day of the final month of 52 hats!

2 comments:

  1. Your husband should hire out his hat photographing services. Those shots are fabulous! The hat is really lovely and I bet it is really warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is a real ham .. but he sure knows how to photograph a hat! lol

    ReplyDelete