Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday? Friday? Which is it?

Working weekends leads to an interesting phenomenon: Monday as the end of your week. I just finished a Fri-Sat-Sun rotation, so bring on the wine and self-indulgence! In keeping with the carnival atmosphere here in my office, I'm going to try out a new feature that I'd like to call Oh no you didn't.

Let me explain. I am a practical gal. I enjoy the process of knitting very very much, but I realize that most people only have one head, one neck, and one torso, and some people are lucky enough to have two hands and two feet. Once your own parts and your loved ones' parts are attractively covered, what do you do? Even here in New England, one or two hats is about all a person needs.* Not knitting is not an option, so what do you do? Make more friends? Have more babies? Grow another head?

For some people, the answer is to knit heirlooms-- impressive things like huge, spider-web-like lace shawls and fair isle sweaters done in three dozen colors of fingering-weight Shetland. The kind of things you keep wrapped in tissue paper and pass on to your great-grandchildren.

For others... well, let's just roll out the pictures.

Tiny alligator? No you didn't.

I applaud the use of Fun Fur, but I'm sorry, hedgehog, you didn't.

What the... alright, you need to stop. I mean it. Put down the yarn and just... stop. P.S. Babies do not need you to knit them things that wrap around their necks. Just sayin'.

Are you freaking kidding me?

No. Uh-uh. You did NOT make a lobster sweater. Get out. Now.

*Exception: when you need something to blog about.

1 comment:

  1. um, you might want to check out the crocheted slice of pumpkin pie i will be displaying on my blog tomorrow. yyyyeahhhh

    ReplyDelete